Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Why so much rudeness ?

12/12/17
The past few years, I have been battered by really mean people. If I express an opinion (my own), I get ganged up on and destroyed by those who cannot take a disagreeing opinion of another. So they 'attack' like a group of pit bulls.
Haha- some days I'm like the Red Queen in the fairy tale "Alice in Wonderland" and run around screaming "OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!!!" ;D  I don't in real time- just in my mind...

 Then there are those who get offended at the drop of a hat.  Everyyyyyything offends them! Unless one plays what I call the Kissy Face Game-(always say something totally sweet and dripping in what ever another person seems to want) one gets rudeness aimed at them.  I don't play well that way- it's to much work for me.

Sadly enough, I have simply backed out of a lot of this so called 'social media' as others don't seem to care or to take the time to understand what the other is trying to express.  Heaven forbid if one disagrees with something that another wrote/ typed!

So many also think that a simple statement is about Them. I mean, who died and made them that important that every single thing said is aimed at themselves. The way I see it is that if one wants to know if a remark is for them, then just ask. It's that simple. It is called communication. Frustratingly enough, there are many of another generation other than mine who don't seem to be able to communicate unless it is the typed word.

Ah well. I see people in restaurants- couples, families,etc- not talking. Oh no- they have their faces looking at a telephone of all things!  What ever happened to ( again) communication?  One evening, a young couple across from us spoke not one word to each other pretty much the whole time there. Nope- scrolling here n' there, looking at someone else's photos or what ever. Sad- just sad.  My horses can carry on better conversations than some humans I meet ; it's like that art is being lost.

 It's scary to me to watch this happening. People truly are becoming 'sheeple' and unless some of them learn about what is going on in the world- with out posting it on a social media page, where surely they will be blasted by others-  this country will be taken over by those who aren't playing games. 

Mind you, not ALL of those with cell phones and those on social media are like that. There are many many who are well adjusted,take it all in stride, and will have a wonderful life.


On to other things!  The weather has finally gotten chilly enough for December to feel like December.  I don't mind it being cold- I Do mind it being near zero w/ the wind chill. That's when pipes freeze, hoses don't thaw out for days and fingers/ toes get frostbitten. My toes on my right foot ( hahahaa- almost types 'hoof') got frostbite back when I was 19 and lived in Michigan.  Being a kid from Maryland, I had no idea about how cold Michigan winters would be... and sure enough, to this day, if those toes get to cold, they make my life miserable. It is amazing how many ways one can come up with to get barn chores done and keep sore toes warm!

This farm is down to just 7 horses now. It's a workable number to care for. Like a friend said the other day- she has noticed that the shovels at her farm are broken or defective somehow. They just don't hold the amount of dirt (or manure) like they did a few years ago. < winks>  There's a pasture for all to be turned out days and come in each evening. My ancients enjoy that as before, they were the ones who had to be out during the nights in winter. There was no way two very old Percherons would be out at night this winter... What with arthritis in all of their joints and being outside in the cold of central PA- well to me, that would be a negative to keeping them healthy n' happy.

No snow here yet, to account for. We had a little bitty snow but it was gone the next day. Nothing Big happens here til after the holidays, it seems. This year, I'll be happy if we just get small snows... those around 3-6" or so. Something easy to walk thru and deal with.

Hope this finds everyone healthy n' happy and looking forward to the upcoming holidays/

              Here's a Cat in a Box for your enjoyment!







No comments: