Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Welcome Spring

3.21.18

HA- we are in the midst of a big snow storm! I was SO ready for Spring weather too.  Sick of winter, sick of mud and now? Sick of snow- which in turn will become mud. The ground had just gotten solid enough to drive Briana. Not any moreeeeeeeeeee.

Not much has been happening here, thanks to cold weather, then 70 degree days, and then rain.
 (which in turn brings more mud-did I mention that?)  Slowly I have been cleaning tack, wiping down harnesses, and thinking of Springtime.

Briana n' I got two whole days of a mud-free ring, and now? It's covered in snow... I do believe we'll go driving in it tomorrow if it ever stops snowing.

Since Lynn got put down, life has been hard to handle. Tears all the time out of nowhere, I expect to see her in the pasture or around the barn. But I have to continuously tell myself that I'll not ever see her again. That is the most difficult part.  A dear friend of mine created a picture of her that I'll cherish forever. It's gorgeous and has really caught Lynn's expression. I feel as though a huge piece of me was buried with my wonderful horse. We were together for 26 yrs and other than family, that's the longest I have been around anyone. We went thru some awful times and then some wonderful times together. It will be hard to let it all go but I'm working on it.

The hens are doing great! I'm scared to let them stay out all day without someone being around as it is chicken stealing time for Fox. They have new families now and need to feed them as well as themselves. Now, I don't begrudge them hunting, but not at my farm. There's plenty of other critters to have as snacks and meals- so leave my girls Alone. They're beginning to leave me 2-3 eggs daily and it's great.

 There's a fun item that happens every evening by now. When my husband gets ready to take his bath/ shower each evening, it seems the biggest house cat likes to also. My hubby starts the shower running, and once he's almost ready to get in, Dexter jumps in! He'll stand there for a few seconds, and is gone.  Hahahaaaaaaaa- he doesn't want to be Soaked, but just damp. He might do that 3-4 times during a shower. Now, the younger one wants to try it too but he's not willing to get wet. Never in my life have I been around a cat such as this. I've known them to like playing in the water, but never IN a running shower.     Sheeesh.

Hope your first day of Spring has gone better than mine!







No comments: