Sunday, October 27, 2019

The end of it all

10.27.19

The 4-horse trailer has been sold- the new owner is picking it up tomorrow. This is the end of what I have known all of my life. Next will be moving to some stupid housing development with neighbors all around...

So, goodbye to being a horsewoman, goodbye to being a countrywoman and for whatever small things I am inside.

Soon, it will be taking a walk around the new neighborhood and dealing with kids, barking dogs and noise that comes with living around too many people. Not to mention cars/ trucks, etc.

The husband is as pleased as can be. Our farm has been listed for sale, and that'll be the next hurdle for me. He will be happy to be away from the "country".  I will hate it.

What's to come? Might run away and live in the mountains like a hermit would? Maybe just run away and not return? I haven't a clue... time will tell I guess.  Adapting is something I have always been good at, so we shall see. One thing for sure, I'll not ever be as happy as I was around my horses...

No comments: