Friday, June 23, 2023

Men & Other Things

 6.23.23

Shhhhhh! It’s a secret but I have met a most wonderful man. My sorta-kinda want list IF I was looking for a guy ( I’m happy with being single but it would be nice to have someone who wants to be around me that doesn’t have 4 legs 😊) has grown exponentially. Slowly, with more being added as I meet men who I don’t want to be around.

You see, I have known that I am rather picky about living things in my life for a long time. Dogs, cats, chickens, and of course, my beloved horses.  Now? Add men. For my whole life I have never been one to hang with women, I always thought men were more interesting.Ahhhh, she just  likes the attention, you’re thinking… No, really; Men have more interesting things to say than many women I know. I enjoy talking to them and learning from them. Yeah, well it helps if he’s a bit more than good looking. A while ago,I made one of the worst mistakes I could have in choosing a man. I chose the Wrong one.  Life lessons learned! 

Anyhow, back to the “ list “

* He needs to be smart. Not just ‘book-learned’ smart as in having a PhD in something or a swank college degree, but smart in other ways too.(fill in the blanks here) Unintelligent people are boring after a while and I find myself wandering off mentally.This in turn, gets me in a world of trouble. 

* Well traveled. I would love to see some of this grand planet before I am too old. Having a person who knows his way around is a huge plus.

* A good conversationalist. I’m tend to be quiet until I know someone…. Sitting and listening. Observing. Once I get to know the person better, I will be more chatty, maybe. I also might get up and politely wander off. ( see note before)

* High ethics, morals and values… standards. As I have gotten older I don’t want to hear that he ‘seened’ something for example.

         πŸ€ͺ   See? Told you!πŸ˜›


* Oh,  preferably taller than me.  Used to be it was difficult to find a guy who was most of the above and be taller. Especially in heels. (Sadly I can’t wear heels anymore because I blew my ankle out a good while ago.)

* Reasonably in good health… we all know how things creep up on us ‘ older’ folks, 

( like the ever popular fat/fluffy areas) but I enjoy being able to get around a little. 

*Pretty much I like a country man. Nooooo, not a red neck,but a man who loves the country life. I have had my fill of the City Men. Oh my gosh.. lesson learned there too.  Someone who understands how a gal might be forced to break a date because she has a sick animal and not pout. Someone who is loving and affectionate to all living things … also not afraid to show it.

* A guy who treats a woman as she wants to be loved/ treated. One who doesn’t do that to gain ‘ brownie points’.Not a fake… if he is the sort who has more than one woman, then I am gone. 

 Okay so back to this guy… He’s not a scammer or a con man- Yayyy.  He’s a little younger than me but I don’t mind. At our age, it doesn’t matter. ( omg, I’m a cradle robber!!! ) I can click pretty much all of the boxes above . The ones that are not clicked are due to not knowing him that well. 

There you have it. Finally a good person who is willing to be in my life and has no hidden agenda. It will be great getting to know him as time passes. I hope that he wants to stay in my life for a long time, too. πŸ’œπŸ€—

                      In case you’re thinking about the below photo being the perfect guy for meeee? think again.

                                                                 πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜… πŸ˜…









No comments: