Saturday, April 28, 2018

SPRING!!!!!

4.28.18

Finally, it has arrived. After April showers AND Snow. After mud on top of mud, on top of more rain- Spring has blessed our farm with singing birds, grass growing, flowers blooming and tee-shirt weather.  YAY!!!

For the past 2 weeks, I've been sick as can be. A very nasty cold found me and moved in. Sometimes I believe it's here to stay. Coughing like mad, stuffy nose and head; generally ugly stuff. My ear is STILL stopped up and if it's not open by Monday, a call to my GP will happen. The last time this happened, I ended up w/ bronchitis and an infection in my ear.  Today I am a little better though, thank goodness.

The husband is at an auction today, and I'm having some 'down time'. Enjoyed the morning in the barn with my horses and getting chores accomplished. Sure wish I felt better because there are so many things that need to be done around here. Perhaps next week...

 I love this time of the year. Still cool enough to not be bothered with sweat running in one's eyes and down one's back, but no snow.  ;)  In the plans are to get the flower gardens re-discovered under the leaves, spread out the wildflower seeds I bought and get my baby trees planted where I won't mow over them! This is all around keeping track of horses too. Plus keeping up with the mowing of weeds,etc.  I'll try to remember to snap some pics as it all gets done.

Sadly, I decided to not attend the antique carriage auction this spring. It's today and I just don't have the energy. So- I Will attend the one held in the Fall. Such gorgeous carriages and appointments for sale. Vendors offering lots of various items for sale - plus the always yummy food at the restaurant there.  Simply bad timing on being sick, darn it all.

Wow, BoJangles is not heading towards bad diseases as I thought. He began shedding out that awful winter coat and is all but finished. I like it!  He may be older but he's, well, healthy as a horse. Briana has been shedding like mad too- her summer coat is coming in and the shaggy winter stuff is wanting to come off.  There are small black mud angels where she has rolled. Bo leaves giant white mud angels when he rolls. I love seeing them.

What a joy it is to not have a barn full of horses!  Granted the money is wonderful, but back when I did have a barn full, two or three of those horses were bringing in no money. The amount of horses now is great. Easy to care for, easier on the pastures, and easier on the checkbook too. Ever since Lynna was put down, it's been tough but life is getting better by now.

It seems I've got a bit more grass to get mowed, so I better get moving, don't ya think? Have a wonderful weekend!











No comments: