Thursday, April 8, 2021

Whewwww

 4.8.21


 Moving is danged hard work! It was only me doing the packing and for certain, I have WAY to much "stuff". I do want to get thru some of it if possible while I am here, but the boxes are piled so high, I am not sure.

 The mares are settling in nicely after a couple of days of insanity. Seems they were Siamese twins so far as their brains were concerned... Briana was pretty good but hasn't been out a lot so she was pretty scared while Jaide began screaming if she lost sight of Bri.  Good grief. Yesterday, I put Briana in a round pen for some exercise and Jaide stood in her stall, screaming bloody murder! Luckily Briana hasn't a loud whinny so Jaide still didn't hear her. So the screaming continued for a while. Then we turned Jaide out in a pasture w/ 4 other boarders and she knew all too well how to not get hurt. Wow, do I ever wish I still rode!  That mare can move like a dream. Potential dressage horse big time.  Tonight?  Briana and Jaide are going out together tonight.

That will work out well as there will be no horses other than them and they can go out with their own hay so life will be good. When I was in PA, the grass was coming in so nicely, but these pastures here tend to be overgrazed and I sure do hope something can grow!  Otherwise, it will be hay feeding all year long. The farm is beautiful though- when it was cared for and all, it must have been gorgeous!  I imagine it will return to its former glory as the owners are working hard to get it back again.

Cleo and Simone ( my barn kitty) have settled in just fine. Simone had a few tough days but is now happy, eating and using her litter pan- Yay

Me? Ehhhhh, this isn't what I thought I would be doing at this time in my life, but I am finding peace and learning to relax somewhat. Once I have a 'routine' of sorts it will be better for sure. 


This area has always been a little odd and I see that it is still odd. A couple of days ago, I was driving thru town and saw a fella dressed in a red pantsuit trimmed in gold with a gold cape. He was attempting to direct traffic but everyone responded to the traffic lights more. Then yesterday, on my way to the farm, I had to slow down for a lady talking on her phone, with a baby stroller. She was in the middle of the road though, just standing there. She finally moved over for me to drive by and in that baby stroller was no baby human, but her DOG.  Oooookayyyy
 
Stay tuned for more adventures in Maryland!



No comments: