Thursday, April 1, 2021

Moving Day!


 4/1/21

 The farm has been sold, closing is the end of April, and tomorrow is moving day for me, and 'the girls' : Briana, Jaide, Cleo and Simone`.  I have been packing and figuring out where things fit or will go, what to leave behind, and now?  I don't think I could find a thing in them all! I did label what's inside on some- but there were many packed a year ago ( when I was told the farm was being sold....) and those?  I will look at them as opening Christmas gifts because I'll have no idea...  :)

 And so it goes. A dear friend of mine is moving the mares for me which will save me a LOT of money. And I trust her completely too- which really helps.

The movers will be here tomorrow AM and get started. My sister and hubby are coming up w/ a little trailer they own and we will be putting things in it that I will need where I am staying. Ha- like Clothes!! And shampoo and deodorant!

 For those of you who do not know, this move is a divorce situation. I know the ex-to-be has been trying to be polite and easy going- which I really appreciate, and once the farm is sold, we'll get busy on the divorce to be accomplished.

 Yes- it has been really difficult to handle it all; organizing, planning, finding somewhere for me that accepts good pets, a farm for the mares that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, or one's firstborn. Then to find the money for it all. Luckily I have known that I was done with it all a while ago and saved money for all of this.  So far so good though. After the farm closing is done, I will ponder just what I want to do with the rest of my life. 

There have been many tears and thoughts of how long I want to play 'the game' of being married still. Before I just left , that is. So much in the way of soul searching also- about how very slowly, everything I am was removed and here I am.  A 'nothing' at this point.  I'm a survivor though and will return. Not as full-on, like before because I simply wanted to retire up here and ended up with a nice enough farm that Needed to be used. That never happened, so now?  I AM retiring!  Still the horsewoman I always have been, but just a little more "kicked back". Wanting to enjoy my four girls, and live in peace and quiet is my goal. Go for long walks, visit with some people if I choose.  It will finally be a peaceful calm life.

 Wish me luck on this new chapter of life!  I should change the subtitle to "random meanderings of an Old horsewoman" !!  (:p 


2 comments:

UNKNOWN said...

I read that Post and got it fine and informative. Senior Movers

WoodFinn Farm said...

Thank you so much!This has been difficult on me mentally as I'm all horsewoman and well, if you're a horse person, you'll understand. <3