Thursday, October 30, 2014

Saying Goodbye...

10.30.14

As you may or may not know, my ancient Appaloosa mare "All the Best" was getting more and more arthritic as the years passed by. This Fall, she could barely walk outside and I was having to consider letting her go. Being afraid that she might fall down on slippery winter ground or not being able to deal with the terrible winters Pennsylvania can occasionally dish out, I made the horrible choice that we horse folks have to make when owning Old (" friends") Horses.

On Thursday, October 16th, she left us peacefully and is buried up on the hill beside her bestest pal, Suzi. It was clear to me that we had made the right choice when we did because she progressively got more and more in pain as the colder weather moved in. Her life quality went downhill quickly and even though she was 'happy' I knew she hurt awfully bad. I will miss that dear old mare for the rest of my life- she had a big place in my heart in being so incredibly sweet and kind to everyone she met....

Sending peace to my mare who truly was
"All The Best."

Below is Alli at 31 yrs...


Chance(right) and Alli coming to meet me


this photo shows the love a horse can give- Shania was so small, and Alli was oh so gentle.



                                   Alli and Carlene 2006


A new green winter blanket!



''All The Best ''
 1983 --  2014
*******************************************************

No comments: