Saturday, February 5, 2022

Cleo and the Cat

 2.5.22

For what seems like forever, Cleo has been the self-assigned cat nanny. She keeps a close eye on Simone - why? I haven't a clue but I guess she wants to know where Simone is every second so Simone doesn't " do wrong things"???? Simone doesn't do wrong things except threaten to attack my brother-in-law... She's a friendly, happy little cat. I imagine out of sheer boredom, she now chases Cleo, when Cleo is a PITA. A lot of "rules" from such a small cat!

In order to keep Cleo from making my happy little cat crazy, I throw a tennis ball of her choice constantly... Like every 30 minutes. Once we 'take a break' - she drops that ball on my foot so we can once again play 'fetch'. These balls are quite slimy as you can guess. Right now, Cleo is sitting in the doorway, holding her front paw up, looking like Lassie as best she can. Also, to get my attention, yes, once again we can have a rip-snorting game of fetch. Seems Cleo is the fetch mentality Border Collie and not the herding type.
This morning, I was begged into yet another game of fetch and while I want it to be a fun game, I hate making her 'waaaaait' to go after that ball. What happens is she'll come dashing back to wherever I threw it from, slimy ball in mouth, drop it, and nearly before I've even picked it up, she's galloping off to where she *thinks* I will throw it.
I picked the slimy ball up and threw it down the hallway. Cleo was 3/4 of the way down when it landed right on her back and balanced there! She knew it had landed somewhere. One quick turn and it fell off. She was mighty surprised to have a delayed landing for sure. She grabbed at it and lost it twice...Once again, she came galloping back to me, happy as can be. It
landed on her head, her butt, off to one side and she was so busy watching "up" that she didn't see it one time I gave it a mighty roll and it stopped under her tummy as she was waiting to see it land.

 

This is Cleo waiting for Simone to stop 'hiding' under the bed. Little did she know that Simone wasn't there.

                                 


                                 Simone, my Attack Cat, happily ignoring me



No comments: