Monday, November 21, 2022

Florida?

 11.21.2022

So, once again, life has changed for me. Guess who is in Florida? Yeah- me.  I know you're asking " what the heck?" Turns out that a friend I've known for a couple of years asked me to come down as he thought of going into business together ... making cool things to sell at various festivals, and the like. He was/ is remodeling an older motorhome and I understood that it was for traveling about, seeing the country, etc. I have always wanted to do just that so I thought about it and said yeah, let's do it. I no longer have any animals but my kitty and my sister said she'd take care of her.

Here I am in Florida. Land of heat and humidity. Not to mention bugs I had never seen before, alligators everywhere water is and snakes and more. Did I mention alligators? Never being one to simply dismiss things I don't know about; it could be a fun time to explore the deep south. 

 Okay... I have seen enough that I know it's not where I will be settling down. Don't get me wrong- it's a lovely state and there are many things to do when it comes to horses. WEC is down here, and many top-notch horse farms as well...  in the winter months, the weather is decent and according to some who have been here for a while, it gets downright cold. ( nottttt) It's just that I prefer the four seasons and the summers here are unbearable. So, no thanks.

I have planned a small store on Facebook... "Winter Wytch Designs"- and have one (yep, just one now) item listed! Turns out that I couldn't find many of my craft things when I left and they remained in Maryland. Having to buy just about everything new again, it's taken me a bit to get going. I hope others like my designs. 😀 

 That's about it for now.  There's an odd feeling/ energy on this farm that I don't like. It also could be me injecting my feelings into it all, but it's still there in the background.  An odd feeling though, even so. it's almost as though there's an undercurrent of negativity around.  

Below are a couple of photos I snapped here.


                                                    This is a "Gopher Tortoise". 

They are very special in Florida and protected. If there's a burrow made by a tortoise, then anything like improvement is out of the question


Lo and behold, there are what we kids used to call 'Monkey Vines'. 
We would swing on them and have a great time.


Goodbye Mr. Tortoise.. safe travels.
have a wonderful day...



No comments: