Friday, September 3, 2010

Summers’ End…

9/3/2010

Summer will soon be over here in central Pennsylvania. The acorns have been dropping from the oak trees since mid July and I’ve seen some squirrels running all over attempting to bury some they find. I imagine that will be the last time they find those buried acorns ! As Sadie and I were going on her morning pee walk about the yard, there was one who was very surprised to see us.  I didn’t know that squirrels could jump quite so far .  Sadie didn’t know What it was and watched that squirrel climb the electric pole in amazement.

Most of the horses have light winter coats by now. The ponies especially ! During these left over hot/humid days of summer, they get all sweaty during the day. The drafters get the most sweaty it seems.

I love the up coming season- Autumn.  The weather is cooler, the days are crisp and is a warning of pending winter……   Below is a photo of a setting winter sun…  one of my favorites.

Glenn

No comments: