Friday, April 12, 2013

So, it's been a while....

4.12.13

I have been BUSY. Spring arrived and it snowed a little. ( ??? snow ???) I was beginning to think Spring would Never get here but it has. < happy dance> Two days had HOT weather, and then we had some storms roll thorough, and Spring arrived. The grass grew a little - well enough to 'look' greener- the flowers started popping their heads up thorough the earth, and the birds singing again. While the horses shed their winter coats ( and omg, they ARE) I rake it up into piles, and put it outside so those birds building nests can use it if they choose to. I've actually found nests that had long tail or mane hairs incorporated into them.  So birds recycle, it seems.

As I mentioned, the horses are shedding their winter coats. Almost daily, I end up with a big pile of it. It's amazing to me how much hair they grow in order to keep warm !  It sure does well for them, how ever, I wish those thick coats were like turnout blankets and I could just unbuckle buckles and take them off in one piece.

The husband is back to work, and comes home exhausted nightly. Its been hard for him to get back into the swing of a work-a-day schedule after being off for three months, almost. He understands this and still is sound asleep on the couch by 8 PM. He has a superb work ethic and people take advantage of that- sure they do.It makes "working" easier for Them, if someone else will do their jobs too. At this point, we are both looking forward to the day he can retire from the daily grind, and devote his time to his 'part time ' job.

The Working Student program is now 'full', and those who were accepted are Great !! They are smart, funny, and so willing to learn all about horses in a more correct manner than they might have from someone else. We had a Vaccination Clinic a few weeks ago- and they learned all about them, plus saw how to administer shots correctly and safely. Then they got to inject their oranges so they understood how it would be to really give a shot to a horse....

In May (11th) we are having our Open House !! All kinds of things are in the making and plans. Today I have been working on that as it's a rainy day here in Pennsyl-tucky. Trying to remember to get listed in the 'event' columns' in local papers is not as easy as one would think. I find as I get Older, remembering things gets older too. < chuckling here>

That's about it from Lake Wobegon, stay tuned for more items of interest ! In the mean time- here are some Spring-like photos I took yesterday :





 YAY SPRING !!



No comments: