Sunday, February 4, 2018

It's Snowingggggggg

2/4/18
Superbowl Day

We brought the horses in a couple of hours early today, due to a wet snowfall.(which is Still falling)
Everyone was SO ready to come inside! I need to mention how wonderful it is to have a retired husband now- he's helpful as can be while getting his side job taken care of too. Thanks, Glenn Bowman.
Since I now CAN walk easily, I do most of it while bringing horses in or turning out. (pending upon who stops by- and Kris yacks) So the routine is Glenn walks to the barn, pulls heated bucket plugs, swings the aisle gate to let Lynn come into her stall, and slides her door shut.
I lead Briana up because she is forever more interested in what's going on in the rest of the barn Or she forgets where she lives- and Eli comes up alone. HE knows where his stall is, but Briana? Nope- tooo nosy. So, out of the gate we go- Eli has decided that he has time to explore some before cantering along the barn side to the aisle way. Meanwhile, my little Diva is bouncing sideways, telling me that she really Does know how to get to her stall. They were both snowy n' wet but warm as toast, with no complaints of being outside during the snow.
Once those two Littles were in their stalls, I walk up the hill to get Rusty, who is standing there, with one front leg up as high as he can lift it in eagerness to come in also. Sometimes I really do love this guy- he's careful, Way to smart and is pretty much a gentleman to work around. ( Hahahaaa- unless there are white geese in "his" pasture!! Then it becomes melt-down time) Glenn is there waiting for us w/ Dixies' halter and the great exchange is done. Rusty, for a halter...
I walk out to the boys and as usual, they're Both anxious to come in too. Whoever said horses don't like their stalls is full of 'it'. Mine all love being in their stalls. Dixie waits patiently at her gate while I open the other one and the two geldings make a dash for the barn. Even BoJangles!
Dixie is learning how to maneuver the gate properly at long last. She has to stand w/ her head toward the opening of it and not on the other end. She'll get bopped if she stands there and the gate swings open... By the time I get the gate opened, she's switched directions and is oh so easy to slip her halter on.  We're the last two to come inside, and while SHE thinks it's not fair and has to voice her frustration, she's a good girl. I very seldom have any trouble w/ my horses and the boarders here. Understanding idiocies have always been easy for me, and eventually, the horses that are new learn the routine.
This afternoon, however, and there's sometimes that certain horse who messes up the routine, it was Armbro. When I opened that pasture gate to let them go inside, Army chose to be Mr. Social. Instead of trotting down the aisle in the barn to his stall, he chose to visit. "Hey, Rusty! Hi Eli! Howdy, Bo; I thought you were behind me!?" Glenn is standing there, telling Army to go into His stall, but Army took a little more time visiting w/ the other boyz.
I got Dixie all the way in her stall, halter off before the "Wanderer" chose to go get his hay. < lol > He's such a character and I love his personality...
So we are all "in" for the day/ night and life is good. Made some cookies to munch on while watching the Superbowl too.All in all, a wonderful Sunday.


No comments: