Friday, June 25, 2021

MUCK!!!

25.6.21

Yeah, Muck!  At the barn where I board my Girls, there's a continuous mud puddle in front of the gates. It is apparently from dumping the giant water tub so one can scrub it clean. I think keeping a big water tub clean is Wonderful- don't get me wrong.   I just wish it was elsewhere so that manure-laden puddle isn't right in front of a gate. 

It's unhealthy, will be a good breeding place for mosquitos, and generally not healthy for horses nor humans. I can personally attest to the human side. <  Laughing>

This evening I opened the gate so Jaide could walk in. Of course, that meant I had to try to dodge the muck puddle. Hahahaaa- it didn't work so well. Jaide balked. I can't really blame her, but don't do it while the human is trying her best to not get stuck.

So there we were, other loose horse wandering about, and my sneaker got stuck in the muck. Yep- my left sneaker got left behind and there I was with Jaide ( who now was realizing her "mom" was having some sort of physical breakdown.)  Remember- I'm not 25 any longer... There we were doing this very weird dance, Jaide and I. She was doing her best to stay away from me and also to not step on me. ( good Jaide). I was trying to regain balance and not have to step in the crap anymore than I had to. I was holding on to the metal gate, and I saw glimpses of my poor mare freaking out at my antics.  

I finally gave up and saw the ground had gotten dry so I plopped down, Jaide was there, not really sure just what she should do, so she was still. ( Good Jaide!) I was angry at it all because there's not one reason other than dump-age that muck puddle should even be there.  The gal who was there was so scared I had gotten hurt but no, nothing serious, thank goodness. I know I'll feel it tomorrow but basically, okay  :)

I'm alright and Jaide most likely thinks I have finally lost it mentally... She'll be alright though- there's a lot of down-home common sense in that mare. The same with Briana- they're both good girls. 

Thank goodness!

( thanks to Barewalls for the above cartoon)




No comments: