Sunday, December 26, 2010

Our Annual Christmas Party

 December 19th was the chosen day..... the weather turned out Perfect and it was to begin at 3 in the afternoon.  People showed up early and I'd decorated the barn so they got to see it earlier than the other guests.  I used to go all out in barn / house decorations but as the years passed, they got less and less.  Seems once its' all decorated, its' time to take it all down.... sooooooooooo I didn't go overboard.  Here's how it looked- and that is my friend at the end of the aisle being goofy.

The party went well, everyone brought a dish to share and we offered a huge deli tray of luncheon meats/ cheeses and the extras that one might enjoy on a sandwich.  Then I had to go up to the barn and feed horses for the evening ( duh- don't plan a party with horse chores in the middle of it !) Everyone who wanted to , came to 'help' and we got done in record time. Horses were all snuggled in their stalls, and we took a few minutes to say good bye to our Suzi. This was mostly for Jaide who loved Suzi so much. We did a short prayer for God to keep good care of her, and that we all loved her very much. I gave Jaide a small decoration from Suzi's "necklace" and she carried it with her the rest of the evening.  Soon everyone was sitting around like stuffed whales - me TOO- and chatting happily.  What a good time was had, gifts were exchanged and everyone left in great Christmas spirit.

These little parties mean so much to me- Its my way of saying thank you for all of the help in the past year to everyone who has anything to do with my barn.

Merry Christmas Everyone !!

No comments: