Monday, July 19, 2021

Is she Memorex??

7.18.21


 I was over at the farm this afternoon- the daily excursion it seems. I am so fortunate to have a gal who doesn't mind walking the girls to their stalls each morning.

🙂 I sprayed Briana with the fly spray, fed Jaide ( she is getting ribby due to no grass by now. The pastures are so terribly overgrazed it's sad.) Sooooooooooo I suppose I'll have to use the crap hay I bought for cheap that I have for winter- can't afford to pay much more- and up their feed too. Sighhhh. Jaides eye is looking good so far. Her swelling is going down slowly and I don't see a sign of infection.
Anyhow, there I was cleaning out two quite messy stalls due to them being in last night and today. I was deep in thought and heard something outside. This is a 4 stall row barn and I'm right there. I looked out and saw nothing to make any noise at all. It is Sunday and we have been told by the Amishman he wants NO ONE there at the barn on that day. While I understand it is his day of rest, it isn't ours. Oh well- I need to find somewhere else, but again- cannot afford it. Such is the life I now have. I try to remain positive, but at times it gets pathetic.
Back to my pooh shoveling and I heard it again. On the road this time- like a small fairy horse trotting about. Hmmmmmmmmm..... I look out again and still, nothing. Weird. By that time, I'm done with Briana's stall and spray it down with stall deodorizer to kill the urine smell. Again- there it is!
This time I caught a glimpse of a little brown tail going into the Amishmans' private barn. Ah HA! Someone '' short'' had managed to get loose???
I sit out front and wait to hear/ see this mystery critter. And I waited... Squeals from inside the private barn- I knew someone was causing trouble in there.
So now, what to DO? Shall I go attempt to catch this little horse? Shall I walk over to their house, disturb them on their Sabbath? Or do nothing. We have been told to stay away from HIS horses, and to keep out of HIS barn- so I decided to do absolutely nothing.
When Laurel and I were unpacking the truck/trailer that hot night the mares first arrived, he shows up and finds out what is going on- and Leaves. No offer to help, nothing.
Knowing that I chose to just leave it as it all was. Turns out it was a mini mare that he bought for someone on the farm. The poor little thing is thin, really beat up with hair missing all over her body. I wasn't sure if it was a kind of mange or not- another reason I didn't want to catch her. She was hanging around the barns, and I knew she wasn't going to wander off on her own. I think she saw it as a great adventure. Heck- let her have a little while longer to be meeting all the other horses in that barn. The ones that never get to be loose in a pasture and stand in pooh-covered straw until the stall gets cleaned out... I feel so awful for them.
There's one gorgeous mare that is supposedly totally nuts in the head. A loud noise sends her climbing up her stall wall or trying to flee. I so wish I could spend time with her... but I don't dare ask as I'll get rebuffed for sure. It's just so sad, again.
Anyhow- I wished the little mini mare good luck and to be careful out there, and left.


Jaide trying to find some grass...



No comments: