Wednesday, August 28, 2013

For Evie.....

God speed, Eve....

4.5.2006-- 8.22.2013

''Solace''

"Ill lend you ,for a little while,

My grandest foal, He said,

For you to love while she's alive
And mourn for when shes dead.

It may be one or twenty years,

Or days or months, you see. 

But will you, till I take her back
Take care of her for me?

She'll bring her charms to gladden you,

And should her stay be brief

You'll have treasured memories
As solace for your grief.

I cannot promise she will stay, 

Since all from earth return.

But there are lessons taught on earth
I want this foal to learn.

I've looked the wide world over

In my search for teachers true.

And from the throngs that crowd life's lanes
With trust, I have selected you.

Now will you give her your total love?

Nor think the labor vain,

Nor hate me when I come
To take her back again?

I know you'll give her tenderness

And love will bloom each day.

And for the happiness you've known
Forever grateful stay.

But should I come and call for her

Much sooner then you'd planned

You'll brave the bitter grief that comes
And someday you'll understand."


No comments: