Friday, June 16, 2023

Apologies

 6/16/23


I owe you all an apology... 

I have not been around due to personal life changes... Things got really tough to deal with but thanks to some positive folks in my life, it's looking much better.  😀

I had no signs of how to support myself and Simone, when all of a sudden, I was emailed a list of jobs relating to horses. It was a Buggy business... wanting to hire drivers. Noooo, not an exterminators' job,but a real honest to gosh Job with horses. Well, I called and they called back almost instantly, and I was hired almost the next day. I Do know how to drive.

Or so I thought. Let me tell ya- driving hack horses on roads is FARRRR different than training and driving show quality horses.  They come with their own set of hangups and bad manners. Of course, I wanted to work with a few and create a happier horse but I have quickly realized that it isn't happening. I so wish I could and was allowed to work with a Dutch Harness Horse mare but, she was unsound when I began and is now unsound . I feel horrid for her and would Love to own her as I know exactly what to do to help her heal those tendons. Pounding for hours and hours on pavement will eventually break down legs, joints, and tendons to pieces and it's what had happened to this lovely mare long before I was working with her. What she needs is time off, poultices to help remove the pain and inflammation, proper wraps nightly and time.  A  Lot of Time off, so those legs can heal. She'll never be as sound as before,but completely usable. Just no more pounding that gawd awful asphalt. I don't think that will ever come to fruitition but I'd love for it too.  My own precious mare who I could adore... 

In the meantime, I'm slowly getting my credit cards paid off, bills caught up and life is good. Oh, I met a wonderful man too!. He's kind and is oh so similar to me in tha we seem to feel the same about many things. Who knows where that will go, but I hope it keeps becoming more positive daily!

I hope to keep up here a lot more. I promise.





No comments: