Friday, June 30, 2023

Omgosh… more

 6/30/23

There have been a lot of changes again in my life. Yeah, again!  I moved from Maryland to Southern Pennsylvania a few months ago. I have come to the conclusion that I really do love PA. The land is beautiful and peaceful, the humans seem to be nice enough even though I try to stay away from many and again, the land…. 🩵🩵🩵🩵.

One of the best things is that I have a new job. I’m a tour guide for a small business that offers buggy rides through the countryside to learn about the Amish culture and way of life. So far, it’s been great. I get to be around horses and meet different folks from all over the country while they are on vacation. 

It’s the horses that attracted me and the fact that I know how to drive. At least I thought I did. Some of the rides are along peaceful country roads but some? Being on a Very Busy Road with a horse and a buggy full of passengers is quite different than a show ring. At first I was pretty much sure that it was not going to be a good idea to drive on a road like that. Eventually I learned about some of the horse’s’ personalities. Which were lazy or a little frightened to be in the midst of heavy traffic. It’s entirely different from showing! It was not long before I was getting the hang of it all. Learning how to ignore people who were much better drivers and would be the first to tell you…for example.

The horses are a mix of breeds needed for the job they were to do and all kinds of dispositions hangups and soundness . From huge draft crosses, to Dutch Harness horses and a couple of other mixes. Of course I had my favorites.. and some were dropped from my list due to showing who they truly were. I’ll be sure to add some pix to some as this story develops. 

It’s a long drive to get to work but to me? Doing what I love and know is a little more important. I never needed a lot of money…enough to get my bills paid and that’s about it. So, so far so good. I’m enjoying heading to work daily and like what I do. 🩵🩵😁😁🩵🩵

Below is one of my favorites… I believe he is a Dutch Harness horse named Commander. 















No comments: