Wednesday, June 28, 2023

What the Heck?

 6/28/23

It gotta be a long time since I was in dating mode but I still remember how it goes. Now either person can ask the other person out, and usually they have some enjoyable things lined up to do… right?  It’s called a “ date “. People get to know each other slowly and learn about each other’s thoughts and feelings.

  I also understand about “ hooking up “ To me it’s just a meeting of two people who are attracted to each other basically to have sex. Sometimes not even attracted to each other . Nothing more… no emotions needed..Back in my day it wasn’t called that, but it was the same thing.

So, what the heck is the point of it all? I don’t believe things have changed in a kazillion years one bit. It’s still pretty much the “ I want your body “ with perhaps a little finesse added called a date . Why would someone want to give something that has been around for centuries a new name?  I know my generation did it and I wonder what it was called say, during WWII?

From what I understand it’s pretty much the same game but with a different name. Sighhh….and chuckling at the same time. Preferably I enjoy getting to know a bit about another person before jumping into bed with them. Used to be I wasn’t like that ,but now? Slowly getting to know another is a lot more important and enjoyable. Maybe I am truly old fashioned or maybe just old ? At any rate, don’t tell anyone else < grins> 

Have a great day tomorrow!


No comments: